Sunday, August 22, 2010

Smog Saver Shipping Idea



Tomorrow has been declared a Spare the Air day in the Bay Area of Northern California. People must use alternative methods of transportation. I was planning a trip to the post office to drop off ebay packages for my customers. But my plans changed. I'll use the package pickup service instead. That saves my driving time and reduces smog!

I want to remind everyone that you can use the FREE pickup service offered from USPS if you are in the United States. I use this service when I have larger packages. I've been very happy with it. All you need to do is fill out the request online. You should do this one day in advance. There must be at least one priority mail package going out on the pick up day. Get all your packages ready with GREEN packing and supplies. Attach your shipping labels. Then you can follow these steps:

Go to the usps.com website. Create an account at www.usps.com or sign in.
Select Schedule a Pickup.
Click Carrier Pickup on the Pickup Options page.
Enter your address, number of packages, size and weights, and get ready to request the pickup.
Once the request is complete, submit it. You can set up your account to email you a confirmation.

For those of you who took the pledge, you know what to write on the box! "GreenshippingRocks.com" I hope this idea helps you be a smog saver too!

0 comments: